Sunday, April 12, 2015

My First Easter

I love spring.  The season of new beginnings, flowers, warmer weather, and Easter!  Our first event to hit of the season was the annual 'Easter Egg Hunt'!  Sadly, we missed the egg hung for Will's age group, but made it just in time for the adults!  I barely had time to grab Will from Dustin before he made a mad dash for those eggs!  If you would like to see a bunch of grown adults go crazy, just throw a few plastic eggs onto some grass and yell, 'GO!'  

Will met the Easter Bunny for the first time.  He was a little unsure of him at first...but quickly warmed up.

that smile



first bunny encounter

my family

he does not like grass, but he really wanted the egg! 



Found some cool prizes!



This year Easter was on the same Sunday as General Conference!  Two of my favorite Sundays.   I love the festivities of Easter...but more so, I am grateful for what Easter means.   I believe it was Dieter F Uchtord, who said during the Sunday Morning session that,  'our lives were changed on the first Easter...by the Savior'.   It struck me a little harder this Easter that my life was changed that first Easter; when the Savior rose from the tomb.  Because of his atonement, I can be with my family forever.  Because of him, we can all be with our Heavenly Father again.

For the morning session Dustin and I put on a big breakfast and egg hunt.  We invited over all of my family that was around (micaiah, michael, abigail, mattie, seth, and mattie's brother jared, and sister kelsey).  It was a great morning to be together as a family.  We watched the first session of conference together and 'facetimed' my parents between sessions.  


Aiden and Michael



i love this picture





easter baskets

opening his basket





aunt abers and willy


ah, it pokes!




micaiah and aiden


kelsey, jared, and mattie(cute siblings)



egg hunting is hard!

'I got it!'




sisters and babes


Our Easter loot!

For the second session of conference we bid my family farewell and made our way over to the Hansen's!  Willy-bug took a short nap while we watched the second session.  Afterwards, we enjoyed a fun little egg hunt and impromptu photo session in the backyard!

Becki and Lance made a yummy Easter dinner.  Will couldn't get enough of it either!  After a fun filled day we made our way home with full tummy's, treats, and flowers in tow.

Thank you Becki and Lance for a beautiful Easter!

We love you all!  We are truly blessed with wonderful family this Easter season.

Xoxo, The Hansen's







Will & Liv



i love little girl bows!  






the trick to making this kid laugh is 'burpees'...and lots of them!







giggles make him tip over!  he tried so hard to keep his balance!



i love this one!


hello blue eyes

happy easter  xoxo, willy

No comments:

Post a Comment