Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Festival of Trees

One of our MANY traditions (don't underestimate my husbands love for traditions) is visiting the Festival of Trees each year.  The Festival of Trees benefits Primary Children's Hospital Foundation.  In fact every penny raised goes to Primary Children's Hospital.  Which. Is. Awesome.  The event has tons of attractions besides the 700 trees that are decorated to the tippy-top-tip!  The gingerbread houses are becoming our favorite attraction at this event..but there is also live music, a sweet shoppe, door displays, wreaths, dancing, and Santa of course:)

This year I've looked forward to the magic of Christmas to distract me from my pregnancy woes!  My husband is a 'one holiday at a time kindof guy' so he is going to hate this next statement...but I completely skipped over Thanksgiving this year...in my mind.  The thought of eating food sounded horrible...let alone regurgitating it.  Luckily I only threw up once that day.

As soon as November 29th hit I was over the Thanksgiving pretense and on to the Christmas holidays!  The lights, the plays, the movies, the entire Christmas spirit...has been just what I have needed!

The festival of trees is one of my favorite traditions!  The fact that every penny earned from this event goes to The Primary Children's Hospital is amazing!  This is what Christmas is all about.  Giving without receiving:)

The hubs & I

Can you believe these are gingerbread houses?!

I could live in this house!


Frat house from Monsters University
Despicable Me
Monsters Inc Tree
Where do you even find a figurine as tall as this tree?!
Elf Tree
Coca Cola Tree made entirely out of the plastic rings that hold the soda cans together
'A Cozy Christmas with Mickey & Minnie'
Baseball Tree
North Pole
This tree is really special...One of Dustin's good friends had his Mother & Sister pass away in a boating accident this summer.  This tree was donated in memory of the two of them.
Santa's Christmas List!  Checking it twice;)

No comments:

Post a Comment